1/9/20 I found a bit of an Ami x Crunch fanfiction I wrote last summer. Wrote it coz I was bored and someone on the r/Crash server suggested it to me. Because I didn't finish it, CTR:NF had just came out and I didn't exactly intend for anyone to see it yet, some parts might not make sense or seem odd, but I hope you can enjoy it anyway.

Part of the plot was that Ami had never lost a race before, and Crunch was trying not to seem like a bad guy (due to the events of The Wrath of Cortex)


Ami woke up with her head in Crunch's lap.

It took her a moment to gather her senses, then another to realize she was staring at the bottom of a cup.

"I uh, spilled some wumpa whip on your face. I wiped it off with a napkin though. Hope you don't mind."

Crunch gave her a nervous grin, and Ami responded with utmost confusion.

"WHAT IS GOING ON- um, I mean... what happened during that race!??"

Ami quickly rose and knocked the cup out of Crunch's hand. Neither of them commented on it. It spilled onto his pants and the dirt.

"Uhhhhhhh...you blacked out and drove into a tree." He pointed to a wrecked kart.

"And then I jumped out of mine and now we're here. He pointed to a non-wrecked kart.

He continued. "Wait- don't tell me you drank some of that tea!" Crunch jerked back a little. "I'm n-not mad or anything, I promise! I'm j-just worried..."

Things suddenly started to set in for Ami.

"What you're telling me is that I drank poisoned tea, got in a car accident, and this... was all broadcasted on live TV?"

"Across the galaxy too even, heh! Did you know we're on another planet right now? Portals are so cool." It took Crunch less than a second to realize what he said was quite rude.

"Oh n-no, sorry... I didn't mean that..." His floppy ears drooped.

"It's fine!! It's all good." Ami choked. She tried to give him a smile but didn't have it in her. Her ears drooped too (unfortunately they're not as floppy). Trembling, she turned toward the kart. "W-we can still finish the race, right?"

Crunch tried to estimate how much time had passed since he had seen a driver fly by.

"No."

"...That's ok. I guess."

"Want some wumpa whip?" It hit him that the cup wasn't in his hand anymore.

Ami giggled.