The Non-Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

1/14/20 Another one of my old unfinished fanfics. It was written in November of last year. This idea was suggested by my friend Lucas, and my other friend Aiden came up with the name. They are epic!!!!! Here are their Twitter profiles:


"Billy!!! Have you seen bonehead?!?" shouted Mandy

"Uhh, no."

"Where is he?!? I haven't seen him in days!"

Billy shrugged.

"No clue?"

He shrugged again.

"Huh...don't tell me you lost him!"

"I thought Grim was with you."

"Yeah, but then he wanted to go to your house, since mine doesn't have the novel channel. Yuck."

"My parents cut the cord, don't you remember?! Now the TV's broken, hehehe!"

Mandy paused to wonder why Billy would be happy about a broken TV, then quickly recalled that...

"Grim wouldn't just run off like that, right? I mean he gets upset over dumb stuff like the cable industry dying, but he knows what's waiting for him when he comes back." She smacked the palm of her hand.

"NOOOO! GRIM GOT SENT TO THE BUTTERFLY FARM?!"

"Ugh."

Mandy grabbed Billy's wrist and hauled him over to her house, in the room she had last seen Grim, all while Billy was bawling his eyes out.

"I MISS GRIIIIIIM!!!"

* * *

"Ok Billy, I'll lay it out for you niiice and simple. This is my living room. I was sitting on the right side of the couch, and Grim was on the left si-"

Billy stopped crying for a moment. "My left or your left?"

"It doesn't matter! Now where was I?"

"Grim!"

"...yea yea...anyway, he walked out the door, and that's the last I saw of him." Mandy took a step outside and looked around.

"Nothing looks suspicious here..."

"Maybe he opened a portal with his scythe leaving no natural trace of his presence or lack there of, hopped in and never looked back because watching Spanish soap operas at my house was the last, THE LAST thing he found joy in this sad limit world we created for him was taken away, being the straw that broke the camel's back, hm?

Mandy turned around and stared deep into Billy's eyes, maybe the same thing that took away Grim also took away Billy's stupidity, but all that returned in his face was the same beady eyes and doofy smile, as always.

"You're...right? But know would we know? How are we supposed to get the Underworld now...?"

"Grim! Grim's trunk!"

"Lead the way, everyday you break into it somehow."

"Grim's trunk~! Grim's trunk~! Grim's trunk~!"

* * *

Eventually Billy and Mandy came to Billy's basement. As soon as they found the trunk, Billy busted the lock open by slamming his head against it (Don't do this at home kids)

They began reaching their grubby little hands into the chest, hoping to find something that would take them to the Underworld. It seemed endless, but after a few hours they had taken everything out of the chest.

"No dice. Drat!" Mandy exclaimed, launching the last spellbook onto another pile of magic junk.

"So, that's it? Are we ever gonna see Grim again?" Billy started crying once more.

"We'll just... leave some nutty corn snacks and water outside. Grim's gonna come back eventually...he has to."

Even Mandy started to become a little upset. She really didn't feel like doing her history project that day, but she didn't realize that in the long run, she'd also lose one of her friends, and she didn't have many to begin with.

A week pressed on with no sign or even a mention of Grim. Billy and Mandy both got Fs on their history projects (at least Billy tried, though), the lunch at school still tasted like slop, Irwin was still as nerd, however thinking about anything supernatural felt rather unnerving without Grim as a guide. Not that danger bothered those kids, just that something felt...wrong.